Post by Admin on Dec 20, 2017 20:07:14 GMT
Welcome to the Adult Adoptees Support Forum
Adult Adoptees Support forum is an adoptee-centered support forum. This forum was created by adoptees, and is owned, administered and moderated by adoptees. We are here to provide support for the adoptee in the process of dealing with adoption issues. We are a peer to peer help group. We are not a professional counseling or therapy group.
Some of our members are pro adoption, some are anti-adoption, many will fall somewhere in the middle. All posters MUST remember that SUPPORT is the core of this forum, NOT politics. This board was created for the very real individuals dealing with the fall out of adoption in their lives. There are other boards for antis and pros. This is not it.
This forum is based on the ideal that adoptees need a place of their own: to support one another and to learn from one another without having to balance our feelings against other members of the triad. That can be done elsewhere, but here, adoptees are at the center. There is no triad here.
This forum is the inside of adoption looking out. It starts with US, the children of adoption, now adults, with voices that need to be heard and words that we need to speak.
We acknowledge wounds and scars here. We acknowledge loss and grief here.
While we acknowledge being adoptees to be our common thread, we also acknowledge that adoptees have different depths of feeling and ways of dealing with our adoption. We want to be able to support adoptees regardless of their political or personal views of adoption and expect that the members and posters will respect their fellow adoptees in ALL stages of their growth.
* Let the moderators and Admin moderate. If you want someone moderated let us know, if they have been moderated, let it be. There is a report post option on every post, simply use the drop down on the cog wheel on the upper right corner. Please use it rather than replying from a place of anger or defensiveness. Reported posts will usually be removed for review as soon as the report is seen.
* Don’t Jump on each other for use of language within the spectrum, we prefer the terms that each group has identified as respectful for themselves, adoptive parent and mother, or natural mother, but we will not upbraid you for using adopter, or birthmother. People use the language they know. We do not want a fellow adoptee run off for using the term birth mother. That is neither supportive nor helpful and that is what we do want to be about, ADOPTEE Support. However, blanket statements using repetitive, highly offensive and triggering language targeting an entire group outside of your own personal experience must be addressed by the admins.
* If you feel that your views are too strong for a support thread, be respectful and take a breath. Walk away. Go to another part of the forum to vent. Do not force your views on another adoptee on this forum. This is not a forum for persuasion, it is a support forum. We do not want to create any toxic environments here.
* While we may have very different experiences, the one common thread we share here is being adopted. This forum is designed to be a safe space to deal with any topic related to adoption, including venting and ranting. Accept members just as they are, and avoid making judgments. Any responses or replies which are not respectful in nature will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.
* Anything posted on the board, stays on the board unless express, written permission is obtained from the original poster. Any violations of this rule will result in an immediate ban.
Adult Adoptee Support is a support group for adoptees by adoptees. It was created to provide adoptees a safe, secure and private place to share experiences, thoughts and feelings around adoption.
Terms Of Service (TOS)
1. Membership is for Adoptees only. Exceptions to this will be considered on a case by case basis. Contact an Admin.
2. Members in violation of these terms of service may be denied access. Entries in violation of these terms will immediately be removed.
3. Members who violate the Rules will be first warned and, should they continue, they will be banned.
4. No Solicitation for any product or service is allowed. If you have an adoption related request, ask Administrative Staff before posting.
5. No questionnaires, surveys, etc. are allowed, except for posts approved by Administration.
6. No information or writings on this forum may be used outside this forum without express permission in writing. Note: members may generate questionnaires for internal use, but may not export the results.
7. Everything that is written here stays here. Anyone caught violating this rule without permission of original poster will be banned.
8. We do not allow political views that are unrelated to the adoptee’s experience.
9. Anything posted on this site should be considered as temporary. If you wish to protect it, do so by saving it elsewhere.
Welcome to the Forum